What should I do if my phone has a white screen?
The reason for the appearance of a white screen can be both damage to parts of the device, and malfunctions in the operating system. Some of them can be solved on your own, but it cannot be ruled out that the phone will need professional repair. First you need to understand the reason why the phone is on a white screen.
White screen on phone – hardware problem
Most often, a white screen on a mobile device occurs due to physical problems. The problem may appear if:
- The phone fell and hit a hard surface.
- The device has been in contact with water or other liquid.
- Dust or other particles have entered the phone, which could cause the screen to break.
- The phone has been exposed to the sun for a long time or in a room with a high temperature.
As a result of the above reasons, the following parts of the smartphone could be damaged:
- The train has moved or moved. If the user has sufficient knowledge and can disassemble the phone, the cable can be inserted into place on its own.
- Matrix damaged. Replacing it with a new one at home will be difficult.
- Damaged chips or board. This type of breakdown is difficult to identify on your own – you will need the help of a service center.
White screen on phone after contact with water
If measures are taken in time, the screen after contact with the liquid can be saved. For this you need:
- Turn off the phone.
- Remove all possible components (SIM card, battery).
- Shake your phone to try to get rid of the water as much as possible.
- Place the device on a towel to remove moisture.
Important ! Even after these measures, it is necessary to take the phone to a service center, since it will not be possible to completely remove water from the device on your own.
If the phone is under warranty, after physical damage it must be sent in for repair. Any attempt to fix it yourself without some experience and knowledge can only aggravate the situation.
White screen on the phone – software problems
If the phone has not been dropped, has not been in contact with water, or has not been in the sun for a long time, the problem may be with the OS. A white screen appears if:
- An unsuccessful flashing has occurred.
- The user has downloaded a virus program or an application that does not work correctly.
- A temporary malfunction has occurred.
Fixing software problems is easier than fixing hardware problems. The following ways can help with this:
- Removing the problematic application. If the screen is white in only one application, you need to restart your phone and uninstall the program. In addition, it is recommended to clean the phone with an antivirus program.
- Reset settings through Recovery Mode. To do this, enter recovery mode (hold down the power button and volume up) and select the action Wipe data / factory reset.
In case nothing helped, you need to reflash the device. To do this, you can use the services of a service center or do it yourself by downloading software from an official source.