Shadow copy is a Microsoft technology that allows users to manually or automatically synchronize documents, up to and including locked ones. The Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) requires the NTFS file system to function. Copies can be created by any OS component using this technology on local, external, removable volumes or network points.
Bug fix TKT
Shadow Copy Service bugs differ depending on the operating system (server or personal). We will analyze some common problems of forming an image of Windows OS versions 10, 8, 7, and its recovery.
Incorrect work of VSS during Windows backup. Error 0x80042302
“The backup application failed to start due to an internal unexpected problem. Check the event log for more information. (0x80042302) “.
Solution. We set the operating mode “automatic”:
- Click “Win + R”, open the “Run” option.
- Enter services.msc.
- We are looking for a shadow copy of the volume, click “Properties”.
- Change the startup type to “Automatic”.
- We put a tick “OK”.
After that, try to create a backup copy of your computer’s information in order to test whether bug 0x80042302 is fixed.
The problem of creating TKT
Periodically, when generating a copy of the system image, errors “0x807800A1” and “0x800423F4” occur. The reasons are: Antivirus or Windows Firewall. Eliminate:
- We add services.msc in the open Run window.
- Find TKT, configure the startup type “Automatic”.
- If the service state is stopped or paused, click Start.
- In the Dependencies tab, check the services required for VSS to run.
- Go back to General> Apply> OK.
Disable antivirus and Windows firewall
Select “temporarily disable protection” on the antivirus icon.
Note: be sure to turn on the protection after all the manipulations!
Step by step: Control Panel> System and Security> Firewall> Turn Firewall On or Off. Disable, click “OK”.
Diagnosing hard drive problems:
- We go to Explorer> context menu of the drive “C”> “Properties”.
- In the “Service” tab, click Check, then “Scan”.
- Follow the instructions.
OS recovery failures
TKT service error “0x81000202”. Let’s do the following step by step:
- Start> Run> gpedit.msc.
- Go to: Computer Configuration Administrative Templates System Recovery.
- In the right box of the Turn off System Restore option, set the value to Not Configured.
Check the OS by using the System Files Diagnostic Tool. The SFC tool will assist in checking system files by replacing out-of-date versions of files. Scanning will help fix bug 0x81000202. Step by step:
- Start> cmd> right mouse button> As administrator.
- Enter sfc / scannow.