Many players have encountered a problem when launching the game “Overwatch” – Could Not Locate Resources error. This error is characteristic exclusively for the PC version of the game and is manifested in the fact that the application simply does not start. The problem affects only the game itself, but not the “Battle.net” application – it works fine. The reasons for the error “Overwatch Could Not Locate Resources error” are not yet known exactly. However, most often its occurrence is accompanied by the appearance of new characters or game updates. However, the cause of the problem is not so important, because it is quite easy to fix it even without contacting Blizzard technical support .
Fixing the Overwatch error – Could Not Locate Resources error
To fix the bug, you need to do the following:
- Open the Blizzard Battle.net app.
- Go to the Overwatch folder.
- Move the Launcher.exe and Overwatch.exe files to a different folder or to the Trash.
- Return to the Battle.net app.
- In the game options section, select “Scan and repair”.
- Restart the game and see if everything is ok.
Alas, this simple method will not help everyone. If after these actions the “Overwatch Could Not Locate Resources error” error was not resolved, the following manipulations should be performed:
- Make sure the Battle.net application is closed.
- Move the game folder to your desktop.
- Open the Battle.net app and try reinstalling the game.
- Wait about 30 seconds for the installer to switch from “Fetching” to “Loading”.
- Pause the download.
- Close Battle.net.
- Move the game folder from the desktop to its original location.
- Delete the Launcher.exe and Overwatch.exe files.
- Restart “Battle.net” and cancel the download of the game.
- When the download is 100% complete, the game should work correctly.
If for some reason this method also turned out to be inoperative, you must uninstall and then reinstall the game. Of course, it will take more time, but it will solve the problem for sure.