Google Pixel 4 was launched in October 2019 and received mixed reviews from users and experts alike. With the release of the latest Pixel models, Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G, is it still worth considering the Pixel 4?
Despite being a few years old, the Pixel 4 still boasts impressive features and capabilities that make it competitive in the smartphone market.
However, with newer models hitting the market every year, it’s important to evaluate whether the Pixel 4 is still a viable option for those looking to upgrade their phone.
Google Pixel Market Analysis:
As technology continues to advance at an incredible pace, it’s not uncommon to question whether older devices are still worth investing in. One such device is the Google Pixel 4.
When the Pixel 4 was first released, it was praised for its camera and the introduction of the Soli radar chip, which enables gesture recognition. Released in October 2019, the Pixel 4 was Google’s latest flagship device at the time. Since then, several newer models have been released, including the Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 6, and Pixel 7.
However, Google Pixel 4 also received criticism for its poor battery life and lack of storage options. Two years later, the Pixel 4 is still a capable smartphone, but it has lost its edge in the highly competitive smartphone market.
Differentiation and Similarities with Other Google Pixel Models
Here are how the Google Pixel 4 differs from and is similar to other Pixel models:
- Design: The Pixel 4 has a unique design compared to other Pixel models, with a square camera bump and a smooth glass back. The design of Google Pixel 6 and 7 has taken a significant leap forward compared to the Pixel 4. While the Pixel 4 had a traditional design with thick bezels, the Pixel 6 and 7 feature a modern and sleek design with a bezel-less display.
- Display: The display of the Google Pixel 4 is quite similar to its successor, the Google Pixel 5. Both phones feature a 5.7-inch screen. The Pixel 6 features a 6.4-inch screen, and the Pixel 7 has a 6.2-inch display.
- Camera: The Pixel 4 has a dual-camera setup, which is a significant improvement over the single-camera setup on the Pixel 3. The Pixel 5 and Pixel 6 also have dual-camera setups, while the Google Pixel 7 has a triple-camera setup.
- Hardware: The Pixel 4 has a newer and more powerful processor compared to the Pixel 3, but it has less RAM than the Pixel 3 XL and Pixel 4 XL. The Pixel 5, 6, and 7 all feature a more advanced Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor and come with 8GB of RAM.
- Software: All Google Pixel models run on a pure version of Android, which means they receive timely software updates directly from Google.
- Camera: All Google Pixel models have excellent camera capabilities, with features like Night Sight and Portrait Mode.
- Software features: All Google Pixel models have unique software features, such as Call Screening and Google Assistant integration.
- Build quality: All Google Pixel models have a high-quality build and use premium materials, such as glass and metal.
Is It Still Worth Buying?
The Pixel 4 is still a capable smartphone, especially if you prioritize camera quality and display resolution. However, its battery life and storage options may be a deal-breaker for some users. Additionally, with the release of the Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G, which offer better processors and larger displays, the Pixel 4 has lost its edge in the market.
The Google Pixel 4 is still a great phone in 2023, with a great camera, a clean Android experience, and a sleek design.
However, if you’re looking for a larger screen, longer battery life, or the latest processor, you may want to consider newer models like the Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 6, or Pixel 7. Overall, the Pixel 4 is still worth buying, especially for those who prioritize camera performance and a clean Android experience at a lower price point.
Q- Is the Google Pixel 4 still a good phone to buy in 2023?
A- It depends on your personal preferences and needs. While the Pixel 4 is no longer the latest and greatest phone from Google, it still offers solid performance, a great camera, and useful features like Motion Sense and Face Unlock. However, if you need a phone with longer battery life or newer specs, you may want to consider other options.
Q- What are the key features of the Google Pixel 4?
A- The Google Pixel 4 features a 5.7-inch OLED display, a Snapdragon 855 processor, 6GB of RAM, and 64GB or 128GB of storage. It also has a dual-lens rear camera (12.2MP and 16MP) and an 8MP front-facing camera, as well as MotionSense technology for touchless gestures and Face Unlock for easy access. The phone runs on Android 10 and is upgradable to Android 11.
Q- Does the Google Pixel 4 have good battery life?
A- One common criticism of the Pixel 4 is its battery life. The phone has a 2800mAh battery, which is relatively small compared to other phones on the market. While it can
Q- How does the Google Pixel 4 compare to other phones on the market?
A- The Pixel 4 competes with other high-end smartphones like the iPhone 12, Samsung Galaxy S21, and OnePlus 9. While it may not have the newest specs or features, it still holds up well in terms of performance, camera quality, and software updates. It also has a unique design and features like Motion Sense that set it apart from other phones.