How to turn the page in Word. In the article, we will analyze how to turn the page in Word to change the view of a document sheet from portrait to landscape format without changing the orientation of other sheets in Word. A similar task is often faced by users who edit a document.
The MS Word word processor is part of the Microsoft Office package of office programs, the program is widely used in enterprises and organizations. When working in an application, it often becomes necessary to change the formatting and appearance of document pages.
By default, Word uses portrait orientation for document pages. The so-called book format is convenient for reading and visual perception, as well as for printing a document in the most common paper format “A4”.
Word uses two types of document page orientation:
- Book – the vertical position of the sheet;
- Landscape – the horizontal position of the sheet.
Most Word documents are saved in book format. These are various official documents, academic papers, books, etc.
Why do questions arise about how to turn a sheet in Word? The fact is that the Word document may contain elements that do not fit on the pages or have insufficient size in the document, with the default orientation.
For example, a document contains graphs, images, drawings, tables, drawings. The option to reduce the size of the element is not suitable due to the fact that after changing the scale, the contents of the element will be difficult to see, it is impossible to make out the details, etc.
Because of this, the document uses a mixed format that includes portrait and landscape pages. Therefore, the user needs to learn how to rotate the page in Word to solve this problem.
In Word, you can change the orientation of pages in a document from portrait to landscape, or vice versa, for individual sheets, or change the display format (vertical or horizontal) for the entire document.
In this article, you will find instructions on how to flip a sheet in Word horizontally, applicable to versions of Word 365, Word 2019, Word 2016, Word 2013, Word 2010, Word 2007.
How to flip a sheet in Word to landscape for all pages of a document (Word 2019, Word 2016)
First, let’s see how to flip a page in Word from vertical display to horizontal page view. Now let’s look at a method that changes the orientation for all pages in a document.
Do the following:
- Open the document in Word.
- Enter the “Layout” menu tab.
- In the Page Setup group, click Orientation.
- Select “Landscape” from the drop-down menu.
All pages of the document will be displayed in landscape view.
How to turn the page in Word to landscape for all pages of the document (Word 2013, Word 2010, Word 2007)
In versions of the Word 2007, 2010, 2013 program, the application interface is slightly different, but all actions for changing page orientation are performed in the same way.
Go through the following steps:
- In the Word document window, go to the “Page Layout” menu.
- In the Page Setup group of commands, click the Orientation button.
- In the context menu, click on the “Landscape” button.
Now the landscape orientation of the sheet in Word is applied to all pages of the document.
How to flip a page in Word horizontally for one sheet (Word 2019, Word 2016)
Now we will figure out how to rotate a page in Word horizontally, putting the rest of the pages in a vertical format. This feature is widely used when it is necessary to change the display orientation for separate pages or only for one page without changing the format of other pages of the document.
On a landscape page, a table, graph, drawing, drawing or image will look organic, the element will not lose detail due to zooming out if it were displayed in a portrait version.
You need to follow these steps:
- Select the text, object, or element with text on the desired page in the Word document.
- Enter the Layout menu.
- Click on the arrow in the corner of the “Page Setup” group to open the settings settings window.
Depending on the circumstances, you can select an element, text with an object, or just the text on the page you want to make landscape, leaving other pages unchanged, in portrait display.
- In the “Page Setup” window, in the “Margins” tab, in the “Orientation” section, select the option: “landscape”.
- In the “Apply to:” option, specify “to selected text” or “to selected sections”, and then click on the “OK” button.
As a result, the selected page changed its orientation in the document, the rest of the sheets of the Word document remained in their original form.
Now you know how to change a sheet in book view to landscape view in Word.
How to flip a sheet in Word (Word 2013, Word 2010, Word 2007)
In versions of MS Word 2013, 2010, 2007, the same actions are performed, only the appearance of the program interface is different.
Go through the following steps:
- Select the text, element, or text with an object on the document page for which you want to change the view from portrait to landscape.
- In the Word window, open the Page Layout menu.
- In the Page Setup group, click the arrow located in the right corner of the group.
In this example, I have selected an element on the page (image) that needs to be saved on the document sheet in landscape form. You can select only text or text with an element, depending on what you want to display on a separate page in landscape format.
- In the Page Setup window that opens, go to the Margins tab.
- Change the orientation from portrait to landscape in the Orientation section.
- In the “Apply:” option, select “to selected text”.
- Click on the “OK” button.
After performing the necessary actions, the Word program turned out one book sheet, the other landscape.
Many users are interested in the question of how to rotate a page in Word to change the orientation from portrait to landscape. The program has ways to rotate all pages of a Word document, or only individual sheets. The article discusses the methods that work in the version of Word 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007.