How to open DOCX (DOC) file online. In some situations, users need to open DOCX (DOC) online to view or edit a Word document online without using the software installed on the computer. This feature is in demand when there is no program on the PC to open files of this type.
The Microsoft Office suite includes the Word text editor as an integral part, which is widely used by enterprises and ordinary users to create and save documents. Any computer owner will sooner or later encounter Word files.
Word documents use two file extensions. Versions of Word 97 through 2007 use the “.doc” file extension, and from Word 2007 to present, use the “.docx” file extension.
Microsoft Word is a paid program, because of this, not all users are ready to install this application on their computer. If you need to view the contents of a Word document on a PC, there are two options for solving the problem:
- open DOC (DOCX) file online;
- open a DOC or DOCX document with a program that supports this type of file.
In this article, we will look at options for opening files with DOCX or DOC extensions on a remote service on the Internet. In this case, the user does not need to install an additional program that can open a Word file on a computer.
In this guide, you will find instructions for using services on the Internet, in particular cloud storage, which has tools for opening and editing documents in text formats, or other sites where you can view the contents of a document without editing.
To access cloud storage, you must have an email from the corresponding service, or register directly with the cloud storage to create an account. Services for viewing the content of Word documents do not require registration.
How to open a DOCX (DOC) document online in Word online
First, let’s look at OneDrive cloud storage as an example, which is part of the Windows 10 operating system. Naturally, Microsoft products are integrated with each other. Microsoft 365 Apps is connected to the cloud storage, including Word online.
Follow these steps:
- Sign in to OneDrive cloud storage on the web with your Microsoft account .
- Add a DOCX or DOC file to your OneDrive cloud storage.
- Click on the Word document.
- The online Word service window opens with a copy of the file that you can edit.
The online service has the basic capabilities of the Word text editor, which are suitable in most cases.
A copy of the final Word document can be downloaded to a computer, or downloaded as a file in other formats: PDF or ODT.
How to open a DOCX (DOC) document online in the web version of Yandex Disk
Yandex has integrated the Word online service with its Yandex Disk cloud storage. Users can use the services of office applications directly from the browser, after logging into Drive.
Go through the steps:
- From the main page of the Yandex search engine, enter your email, then go to Yandex.Disk, or click on the “Disk” item located in the mail login form.
- Click on the “Upload” button to add a DOCX or DOC file to Yandex Disk.
- Click on the Word document.
- A Word online service window will open in a new tab with the document open.
You can edit the contents of a Word document and then download a copy of the file to your PC.
Opening a DOC (DOC) file in Mail.ru Cloud
Like Yandex, the Mail.Ru group has integrated the online Word service into its Mail.ru Cloud.
The following procedure must be followed:
- On the main page of the Mail.ru service, click on the “Cloud” button to enter the cloud storage.
- Click on the “Upload” button and then add the Word file to the “cloud”.
- A file viewer window will open, in which you need to click on the “Edit” button on the bottom panel.
- This will open the Word online service window.
You can save a copy of the file to your computer in Word, PDF, or ODT format.
Opening Word files in Dropbox
Dropbox cloud storage users can view and edit DOXC or DOC files by integrating Word Online with the file storage.
Do the following:
- Sign in to Dropbox cloud storage on the web.
- Click on the “Upload Files” button.
- Move the mouse cursor over the file, click on the “Open” button.
- Select Word for the web.
- The DOC or DOCX file will open in Word online.
Edit the file, save it to the cloud storage or download it to your computer.
How to open docx online in Google Docs
The Google Docs service (Google Documents) is built into Google Drive cloud storage. Google Drive supports working with Word files in DOC and DOCX formats.
Go through the following steps:
- Sign in to Google Drive cloud storage on the web.
- Click on the “Create” button first, and then on “Upload Files”.
- Click on the downloaded file.
- In the file browser window, click on the “Open with …” button, select “Google Docs”.
- In the Google Docs window, you can edit MS Office files and then download them in various text formats, including DOCX.
Opening Word files in Zoho Office Suite
Zoho Office Suite is an online office suite of applications, among which is the Writer application that supports the Word format. On Zoho, a basic level of use of the web service features is provided free of charge.
On the Zoho.com service page , do the following:
- On the Writer page, click on the Submit button, select Upload Document from the context menu.
- In the “Download Document” window, select the option: “From Local Computer”. Supported files are Word with the extensions “.docx” and “.doc”, no larger than 10 MB.
- Click on the “Open…” button.
- Click on the button with three stripes on the left to open the toolbar for editing the document.
The finished document can be saved in various text formats, including DOCX format.
How to view DOCX (DOC) online on 4html.net service
In some cases, you just need to view the DOCX (DOC) file online without the ability to edit the contents of the document. The user can use one of the services designed to view the contents of Word files on the Internet.
The 4html.net website has a “MS Office Documents viewer” that opens files in the Microsoft office format.
On the 4html.net service page, you need to go through two steps:
- Click the “Browse…” button to select a Word file from your computer.
- Click on the “View!” button.
- A page containing the contents of the Word document opens in a new browser tab.
There are other similar services on the Internet that work in a similar way.
Many users do not have programs for viewing and editing Word documents on their computers. If you need to open a Word file in DOCX or DOC formats to view the content or edit, the user can use the services of online services on the Internet. In this case, the user does not need to install on his computer software designed to work with Microsoft Office files.