How to insert a photo (image) in Paint: 7 ways
If necessary, inexperienced users are looking for information on how to insert a picture, photograph, screenshot, or other image into Paint while working on a computer. Nowadays, almost all users are faced with various types of images on their PCs.
These can be pictures from a digital camera, screenshots taken on a PC, images downloaded from the Internet, or sent as an email attachment. One way or another, files of different graphic formats end up on the computer.
In some cases, the user needs to edit the picture or picture. This can be done in a specialized application – a graphic editor, for example, in Paint.
Paint is a free graphics editor included with the Windows operating system, designed to solve simple tasks with images on a computer. The program is quite suitable for creating pictures, as well as for editing and processing images and photos.
Features of the Paint program:
- Image editing.
- Photo retouching.
- Cropping (aligning part of the frame).
- Putting text on an image.
- Rotate the image by 90, 180 or 270 degrees.
- Proportional resizing of the photo.
- Saving images in several, including compressed formats.
- Independent creation of drawings.
In most situations, the user has enough functions available in the built-in tool, so he may not install a more advanced third-party program on his PC.
The Paint program can be found in the Windows operating system, it is part of the standard applications. Microsoft plans to remove Paint from the Windows 10 operating system. Under these circumstances, users will be able to install Paint on their computer from the Microsoft Store.
If editing is necessary, the user is interested in how to insert a graphic object into Paint. Not everyone knows about this program or has not used it on a computer, which is why such questions arise.
In this article, we will look at how to insert a picture, photo or other image into Paint in different ways.
How to insert a photo in Paint – 1 way
Let’s say you took a photo with a digital camera or mobile device and downloaded it to your computer. You need to process this image to give it the desired look.
Go through the steps:
- Enter the start button menu.
- In the Windows Accessories folder, click the Paint application icon.
- The Paint window will open on the Windows desktop.
- Enter the “File” menu, and in the context menu, click on the “Open” item, or press the “Ctrl” + “O” keys.
- In the Explorer window that opens, select the appropriate image on your computer.
- The photo is open in the graphics editor window, now you can start processing the image.
How to insert a photo in Paint – 2 way
In the situation discussed above, you can do it differently. We use the system function of Explorer – “Open with”, when you can select the required application from the default ones, or select the program yourself from your PC.
Do the following:
- Select a photo on your computer.
- Right click on this image.
- In the context menu that opens, click on the “Open with” item.
- Select “Paint” from the list of suggested options.
If this program is not here, click “Choose another application”, and then independently select or search for the program on your computer.
How to insert an image into Paint from the Internet – 3 way
Many users copy images online to save on their devices. In some cases, pictures from the web must be pre-edited to get the desired look before final saving.
The user can use Paint as a graphics editor for the primary processing of photos from the Internet. Consider how to copy a picture from the network and paste it into Paint for editing.
Do the following:
- In a browser window, access a website page on the Internet.
- Click on the image with the right mouse button.
- In the context menu, select “Copy Image” or “Copy Image”, depending on the browser platform.
- Open the Paint program on your computer.
- In the application window, click on the “Paste” button or press the “Ctrl” + “V” keys.
- The image from the Internet will open in the graphics editor window.
How to paste an object from a text editor into Paint – 4 way
There are situations when the user needs to edit an image from a text editor. To add objects to the graphical editor, you can use the easy way in Paint – the “copy and paste” function.
Follow these steps:
- Right-click on a photo or other picture that is open in a text editor such as Word.
- In the open menu, click on the “Copy” item or use the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl” + “C”.
- In the Paint window, click on the “Paste” button or press the standard “Ctrl” + “V” keys for pasting copied elements in Windows.
How to insert a picture into the Paint program using drag and drop – 5 way
An image from a PC can be opened in Paint using the drag-and-drop feature.
Do the following:
- Open the Paint program window.
- Find the desired image on your PC.
- Click and hold the picture with the mouse, and then drag this graphic into the Paint window.
How to insert a screenshot in Paint – method 6
Many often use the screenshot function to capture an image on the PC screen. If you need to edit a screenshot, you can open it in Paint.
To paste a screenshot in Paint, follow these steps:
- Take a screenshot on your computer .
- Open the Paint editor window.
- Press the keys “Ctrl” + “V”, or the “Paste” button to add an image from the clipboard to the application.
Inserting pictures into a picture in Paint – 7 way
In some cases, it is necessary to combine two images in Paint, for example, inserting a face into a picture, or adding another graphic object to a background photo. The functions “Insert from” or “Select” will help us to perform all the necessary operations.
- Open the image that will serve as the background in the Paint application window.
- Click on the arrow in the “Insert” button, select “Insert from”.
- Select the desired image on your computer to place over the open photo.
- This image will be overlaid on the background image.
- Open the image in Paint that you want to paste over the background image.
- Click on the arrow next to the “Select” button.
- In the drop-down menu, click on “Select All”.
- Press the “Ctrl” + “C” keys.
- Enter the “File” menu, click “Open” in the context menu.
- Choose an image to serve as the background.
- After opening the background image, press the “Ctrl” + “V” keys or the “Paste” button.
Then you can move the inserted image to another location, resize it, and perform other necessary actions.
If the overlay image is in PNG format, you can remove the white background around the image. The result obtained largely depends on the quality of the original image.
In the process of performing this operation, there is one difference from the previous version:
- After adding the picture to the program window, click on the arrow under the “Run” button.
- You need to check the “Transparent selection” menu item.
- Click on the “Select All” menu item.
- Press the keyboard shortcuts “Ctrl” + “C”.
- Open the background image, and then press the keys “Ctrl” + “V”.
Users have images, photographs, clip art, or drawings on their computer. Some of the images need editing. To do this, you can use third-party software or the built-in Paint program, which is suitable for simple image processing. You can add a picture in Paint in many ways: pasting, dragging, copying, etc. You can add a photo to another background image.