Emoji emoticons are widely used on the Internet and social networks – pictures of symbols designed to attract attention or display emotions, feelings and states. Emoticons are used in text documents, in social networks, in messages on websites or instant messengers (WhatsApp, Viber, Skype, Telegram, etc.), this is especially popular on mobile devices.
Emoji (emoji, emoji) – pictures of emoticon symbols, originally developed in Japan, and then widely dispersed around the world. The difference between emoji and ordinary emoticons lies in the scope: emoticons are used in personal correspondence to convey emotions, and emoji are used not only in private communication, but also in public places to draw additional attention to the text, additionally emoji display actions and states.
- How to enable emoji in Windows 10 – 1 way
- How to add emoji using the touch keyboard – 2 way
- Article Conclusions
- Enable Emoji in Windows 10 (video)
Emoji support has long been present on devices running on the iPhone or Android operating systems, on email services, and on social networks. Not everyone knows that emoji emoticons can be used in the Windows 10 operating system.
Starting with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (Windows 10 1709), the emoji panel has been greatly simplified in the operating system. The user can paste emoji directly from Windows anywhere, now there is no need to copy emoji from somewhere and then paste it into a message to express their emotions.
Naturally, users have a question, where are the emojis in Windows 10, and how can they be used? Windows emojis are launched from two places in the operating system: from a dedicated Emoji Panel, or from a touch keyboard that has built-in emoji typing.
In this article, we will look at both ways to add emoji emoticons in the Windows 10 operating system.
How to enable emoji in Windows 10 – 1 way
First, let’s see how to launch the “Emoji Panel” to insert emoticons into text documents, messages on websites or social networks, etc.
Do the following:
- Open a text editor window (Notepad, Word, etc.) or go to a social network page.
- Type in the desired text.
- Click the mouse button where you want to insert the emoji.
- Switch your keyboard layout to English (this is required to launch the emoji panel for the first time).
- Press the keys “Win” + “.” (dot) or “Win” + “;” (semicolon) in the English layout.
- This will open a panel with emojis that you can insert into your message or other text.
- The first tab of the panel contains different types of emoji. Click on the corresponding emoticon to insert an emoji into the text of a document or message. The window has a scrollbar to access other emoticons that do not fit in the panel window.
- Switch the layout to Russian, continue typing the text of the message. To open the panel and insert the next emoji, you no longer need to switch the layout to English.
In the Emoji Panel, several types of icons can be used from the top menu:
- Emoji are regular emoji emoticons.
- Kaomoji – text emoji, text emoticons expressing facial emotions.
- Symbols – A set of different symbols to insert into text messages.
From the bottom menu, you can add additional emoji options offered for each selected type of emoji.
The panel has a search field for inserting emoji while typing. It works like this:
- You launch the emoji panel, and then start typing the word for an emoji.
- The panel offers a suitable option, you click on the emoji pictures. The emoticon is inserted into the text instead of the corresponding word.
You may also be interested in:
- Sticky Notes for Windows – notes on your desktop
- Magnifier in Windows 10
- Your Windows 10 Phone: Photos, Messages, Notifications
How to add emoji using the touch keyboard – 2 way
The Windows 10 operating system has a built-in Touch Keyboard application that implements a mechanism for inserting emoji emoticons when typing using the touch keyboard.
Go through the following steps:
- Right click on the Taskbar.
- In the context menu that opens, click on the “Show touch keyboard button” item.
- A touch keyboard button will appear in the notification area. Click on this button.
- A touch keyboard will appear at the bottom of the screen with a smiley face key.
- Press on the touch keyboard on the emoticon key “smile”.
- After that, the emoji panel will open with different types of emoticons. Suggested emoji icons can be pasted into a message or into a word document.
Many users use emoji pictures when communicating on social networks, when chatting in instant messengers, insert emoticons into text documents, messages or comments on websites on the Internet. Windows 10 has a built-in Emoji Panel designed to use emoticons on a computer, directly from the operating system. Optionally, you can use the Touch Keyboard app to insert emoji in the right place.