Fortnite OS is not supported, what should I do?
Fortnite became incredibly popular with the release of BattleRoyale. However, errors such as incompatibility with the operating system of a computer often spoil the whole experience. Users offer several options for its solution.
When you try to start a Fortnite game, instead of the green Run button, the “OS Not Supported” window appears in English “Unsupported OS”. What does it mean, not supported and why? After restarting the game and even after restarting the computer, the problem persists. How to be? In fact, the operating system is really to blame in this case. Most likely, this error appears when the PC has a 32-bit Windows system. And to run this game you need 64-bit. It is also important that the computer meets the minimum Fortnite requirements. How do I troubleshoot?
If this error appears in fortnite, then your OS is 32-bit. The game requires 64-bit Windows. If your PC has at least 4 gigabytes of RAM, try upgrading from 32 to 64-bit to fix the problem.
- Right-click on the “My Computer” shortcut. Go to Properties / Windows Performance Index.
- Click display and print.
- If there is 64-bit support, feel free to go.
Minimum system requirements
It is imperative that your computer meets the Fortnite game requirements, even if you have a 64-bit Windows system. If the characteristics of the PC are lower, it will be very difficult to play this title. Minimum requirements:
Applying a virtual machine
You can launch the game using a virtual machine such as VirtualBox. It perfectly supports many operating systems in Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris. It is recommended to download the virtual machine distribution kit only from the official source “www.virtualbox.org”:
… On this site you will find the latest versions for all popular operating systems. After downloading VirtualBox your steps:
- Click the “Create” button in the main menu.
- Next, you need to install Windows 64-bit. In this case, you will be able to run 32-bit as well.
- Then select the required amount of RAM. This is an extremely important parameter.
- Next, create a hard drive. Leave the disk type as VDI, which is indicated by default.
- Choose fixed or dynamic. Better the second, then depending directly on the disk filling in VirtualBox, the file size will increase.
- Select the size and name of the new disk.
Try starting your Fortnite machine and game.