While working with electronic documents, users are often faced with the need to convert files from one format to another format, for example, from PDF to Word online or using an appropriate program. Often there are no applications on the PC that can perform the necessary operations.
In this case, the user can convert PDF to Word online on the Internet, without installing additional software on the computer. All the work of converting the original PDF file to Word is performed by the online converter on a remote server.
PDF and Word are one of the most common formats for working with electronic documents. But there are significant differences between these formats.
PDF (Portable Document Format) is a universal portable format created by Adobe for saving e-books, instructions, forms and forms. Format files have the extension “.pdf”. One of the features of the PDF format is the difficult editing of the original document.
Word is an office program that is part of Microsoft Office and is widely used by businesses and organizations, as well as by ordinary users to create various types of documents. The Word format has two file extensions “.docx” and “.doc”. Unlike the PDF format, Word files are easy to edit.
Taking into account the above, it becomes clear that in order to edit the original document in PDF format, it must be converted to another format that allows you to easily perform the necessary actions for editing the document, in our case, to Word format.
We need to convert PDF to Word online. To do this, you will need to use a service on the Internet that supports this feature.
Converting PDF to Word online has its pros and cons. Of the positive aspects, we note the needlessness of installing specialized software on a computer. This method has its drawbacks: PC programs are better able to handle large and complex documents, services have limits on the size of the source file and the size of the transferred data.
The original PDF file can be with text content or created from images. If the PDF consists of images collected in one file, it is necessary to perform text recognition from PDF to Word online using OCR tools – optical character recognition.
To solve this problem, many services use the built-in OCR (Optical Character Recognition) tool, a technology for translating text from images into plain text.
In this guide, you will find instructions for converting PDF to Word online on popular services: PDF2Go, Online-convert.com, Convertio.co, iLovePDF, Sejda.
Online PDF to Word converter on PDF2Go
The PDF2Go service has 26 tools designed to work with the PDF format. PDF2Go, in addition to the usual document conversion, performs PDF recognition in Word online.
Do the following:
- Open the PDF2Go website page .
- You need to click on the “Select File” button, drop the file from your PC into a special form, enter the website URL or add a file from Dropbox or Google Drive cloud storage.
- Pay attention to the conversion options, set the appropriate settings.
In the “Settings” section, you need to select the appropriate options:
- The file format is “*.docx” or “*.doc”.
- Conversion type – as images or converting using OCR to editable text with layout (for regular PDF) or OCR (for images).
- Enhance OCR – Converts the original document to monochrome for better recognition.
- Click the “Start” button to start the online PDF Word converter.
- Next, the process of processing the file on the service takes place.
- Online PDF to Word conversion is completed, click on the “Download” button to download the file to your computer, upload the document to the cloud storage, or download the archive as a ZIP file.
How to convert PDF to Word online at Online-convert.com
Service “Online Document Converter” Online-convert.com provides services for converting text and media files to other formats. The converter supports extracting text from images (OCR) from a PDF file.
To extract text from PDF to Word online, follow the steps:
- Follow the link to the online-convert.com service page .
- Do one of the suggested actions: drag and drop files into the form on the site page, click on the “Select files” button, enter the URL, upload the file from Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Go to the “Advanced Settings” section to select the conversion options.
The following options are available here:
- Optical text recognition.
- Select the language of the text.
- Selecting a second text language.
- Optimization – “Markup” or “Text”.
- Monochrome mode.
- Click the “Start Converting” button.
- Translation from PDF to Word online is finished, download the processed file to your computer, upload the ZIP archive to your PC, or upload the document to the cloud.
Files are stored on the Online-convert service for 24 hours.
How to convert PDF to Word for free at Convertio.co
Convertio.co is a service for converting media files of a large number of formats, working in Russian.
Please note that the service without registration converts files up to 100 MB in size.
You need to go through the following steps:
- Go to the Convertio.co website page .
- First, select the initial format – PDF, and then the final format – DOCX or DOC.
- Drag and drop a file onto the form, or click the “Select Files” button to add a document from your computer, Google Drive or Dropbox cloud, or URL.
- On the next web page, click on the “Convert” button.
- The document is converted from PDF to Word online, click on the “Download” button to download the finished file to your computer.
Processed files are stored on the service for 24 hours.
PDF to Word text converter on iLovePDF
On the iLovePDF service, you can convert files from PDF to Word online for free. There are 23 tools that support working with PDF format.
You will need to do the following:
- Log in to the iLovePDF service page .
- Click on the “Select PDF File” button, drag and drop a document from your PC, or add it from Google Drive or Dropbox cloud storage.
- Click on the “Convert to Word” button.
- Wait for the process to finish, and then download the finished file to your PC, share the download link, scan the QR code, upload the Word document to Google Drive or Dropbox.
How to Convert PDF to Word Online on Sejda
The Sejda online service provides a large number of tools for working with PDF files. This service is in English.
Go through the following steps:
- Go to the Sejda service page .
- Drag and drop a file to a special area on the service page, or click on the “Upload PDF files” button to upload a file from a PC, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, or a URL.
- In the “Choose an option” window, you need to activate one of the buttons: “Keep layout” (Save layout) or “Optimize for legibility” (Optimize for legibility).
- After selecting the options, click on the “Continue” button.
- Then the PDF to Word conversion takes place online.
- Click on the “Download” button to download the Word document to your computer, save the file in the cloud storages of Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, send it by e-mail to e-mail.
Files are stored on the server for 2 hours, after which they are automatically deleted. You can convert up to 10 pages or 50 MB for free, you are allowed to perform no more than 3 tasks in 1 hour.
The PDF and Word formats are often used to store electronic documents. When working on a computer, there are situations in which it is necessary to convert a PDF file to Word online if there is no software on the computer that has such functions. To solve this problem, you can convert PDF Word online on services on the Internet: PDF2Go, Online-convert.com, Convertio.co, iLovePDF, Sejda.