Caller ID from Sberbank – how to enable and use?
To check suspicious numbers, you no longer need to download third-party programs – there is a built-in identifier in the Sberbank Online application.
Spam and phone scams are a common problem faced by almost all mobile phone owners. Searching for information about numbers on the Internet or installing third-party programs helps to solve it , but Sberbank offers a faster and safer way – a determinant built into the banking application.
Information about fraudulent numbers in it is the most reliable, as it is based on the database of the security service of the bank itself. In addition, an artificial intelligence system is involved in its update, which constantly monitors events related to telephone fraud. All suspicious numbers that the bank’s customers have filed complaints about are entered into this database.
Caller ID from Sberbank in a mobile application
Any bank client who has the Sberbank Online application installed can enable the built-in identifier in it. It will monitor all incoming calls and provide real-time information about the number’s reputation. It is impossible to find out who exactly the number belongs to. At the same time, the service will warn of any possibility of fraud – during the call, a corresponding notification will appear on the screen.
To enable the determinant in the Sberbank Online application, follow the instructions:
- Open the app.
- Click on the profile icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Select the gear icon (go to the settings section).
- In the “Security” section, find the item “Checking incoming calls”.
- Click the “Connect” button and grant all the required permissions.
Now the application will automatically detect fraudulent numbers and warn the user about it.
You can also activate the identifier from Sberbank: just scan the QR code at this link , and the application will automatically open the desired section. The user will only have to confirm the activation.
Caller ID from Sberbank on the website
You can check an unfamiliar number on your own and on the Sberbank website. The service will “run” the number through the database of scammer numbers in search of matches and return the result. There are three in total:
- The number was not found in the bank database, i.е. it is either safe, or no one has left complaints about it yet.
- The phone is suspicious – the risk is medium.
- The phone is suspicious – the risk is high.
The last two options mean that the bank has recorded complaints about the number from other users, and, depending on them, assigned a risk level. In both cases, the number can be potentially dangerous, which means that it is not recommended to answer calls from it ( and even more so call back ).
To check any unfamiliar phone number or website address using the identifier from Sberbank on the website , follow the instructions:
- Open the service page.
- Enter a phone number or a link to a suspicious site in the input field.
- Enter the code from the picture and click “Check”. The result will be ready immediately and will be reflected under the “Check” button.