As for the wider population, NFTs are still a gray area and many people think that NFTs are overhyped by wealthy people. In reality, NFTs present many more applications than what we know now and eventually become an integral part of the future web. NFT stands for Non-fungible Tokens, which act as digital ledgers recording ownership details on the blockchain.
Some artists have been actively selling their works for millions of dollars and gaining worldwide recognition. For artists though, NFTs are a blessing as they can now display and auction their works easily without facing any hurdles and they can directly connect with their fans. Some NFT marketplaces also allow the creator to earn royalties if their work changes hands. This blog can offer you some insights if you are a budding artist looking to step into the NFT world.
Before Everything, What are NFTs?
Non-fungible Tokens (NFTs) are tokens that have unique value on the blockchain and can represent ownership and authenticity of an asset. While fiat currency and cryptocurrency are fungible, meaning that you can exchange one with another and you will still have the same monetary value, every non-fungible token is
- The nature of NFTs where the authenticity of a product can be easily proved without any involvement of a third-party host made them popular among creators – particularly artists.
- That is also why people with a lot of money head into buying art NFTs for whooping sums, as they can boast about being the owner of original artwork, and the blockchain entry can support their words. That is equivalent to people bragging that they have an original painting by Pablo Picasso.
- Many tech biggies have sensed the infinite abilities of blockchain technology as they have started jumping into the world of NFTs in some form or the other.
- The human nature of expressing who they are by showing off would be enough to set the stage for NFTs and rule the world. This is confirmed by looking at how social media has been flooded with posts validating peoples’ achievements and belongings.
Different Ways to Market Your NFT Art
After you have gone through the process of converting your art into NFTs through minting tokens, you can now plan on marketing your artform using various marketing tactics that are tried and tested. Here are some of them for your reference.
- Many NFTs sell for millions of fiat currency (especially the US Dollar). So, it is essential to understand the pulse of people interested in NFTs and use suitable tactics to make your art appealing to them. Obviously, the description of your work in the marketplace platform should accurately depict what the product is all about, as often great sales occur out of nowhere.
- Apart from reading the mindset of prospective buyers, utilizing various social media and community platforms to your advantage is the best option for reaching out to both enthusiasts and the general public. While platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn can prove useful by posting educational information, community platforms such as Telegram, Discord, Reddit, and Clubhouse can reach out to enthusiasts by engaging in meaningful and relevant conversations.
- Another facet of social media that can be used as a successful marketing tactic is to use influencers, which can attract a lot of attention for your work if they promote it. Collaborating with multiple influencers is a great tactic too, as the reach will be wider and thus, your work garners more popularity in the online world.
- Another popular marketing tactic that can work out for you if you plan to update your NFT marketplace with new works regularly is to market using personalized emails. Also, releasing educational videos and even teaser videos before every artwork can create a buzz around your artwork in both the NFT community as well as the general social media community.
Need to Market a Little Extra?
Although the abovementioned tactics work well for those who have a presence of mind or a team to assist them, not many budding creators can understand the world of NFTs and promote their works to convince the community. Hiring a marketing firm that serves as an assistant to promote their artworks using multiple marketing techniques is for those up-and-coming creators. Some reasons why approaching such an agency would favor them are given below:
- Such a firm expertises in optimizing search engines to rank your product higher in the results of popular search engines through SEO techniques.
- They can also adopt various social media marketing and influencer marketing tactics to their advantage. They have dedicated professionals working on marketing campaigns on social media and have contacts with popular influencers.
- Such a company can campaign effectively through community platforms like Telegram, Discord, Reddit, and Clubhouse, thus reaching out to a more knowledgeable audience.
- Such a firm can assist you in maintaining your reputation online by filtering out irrelevant comments on your social media handles and ensuring that your profiles look nice and clean.
- Their expertise in marketing NFTs makes sure that they adopt various marketing strategies, including conversion rate optimization (CRO), content marketing, affiliate marketing, growth hacking, marketing through videos and more.
If you have read through the blog and have found some insights on marketing your NFT artworks, then congratulations! Not only can you campaign your work by yourself, but you can also hire a marketing agency with extensive knowledge in NFTs to do some work for you would benefit you in many ways. With the help of such a marketing firm, your promotions are made easy and the tactics they employ ensure a global reach for your artworks, thus creating a newer audience and buyers.