How to Extract Audio from Video: Many users are faced with the need to extract sound from a video in order to obtain a separate file consisting of an audio track. In some situations, you need to extract the audio from the video so that the user has a separate audio format file.
A video file can contain a training lesson, a webinar, music, etc. It is not always necessary to watch what is happening on the screen, especially if it is some kind of monologue or speech, it is advisable to just listen to the audio version of what is happening.
The second point that people pay attention to is that the video file takes up a lot of space on the computer’s disk. The extracted audio track will take up much less space, saving disk space.
Music lovers often need to extract music from a video, for example, when they come across an interesting video clip with a song, and you want to save the music as an audio file for later listening. One solution to the problem is to extract the music track from the video.
How to Extract Audio from Video – 7 Ways
To get sound from a video file, use one of the convenient methods provided by a specialized program or an online service. When using one or another method, there are some peculiarities.
With the help of a program installed on your computer, you can convert the video file, extract the sound and save it on your computer. Some programs can convert video to audio not only from local files located on the PC, applications can extract sound from video via a link from the Internet.
Using the service, you can extract audio from video online from a computer or via links from websites, cloud storages, etc. With this method, there are restrictions on the size of the original video file. By default, programs and services convert to audio in original quality.
In both cases, it is possible to configure the parameters for converting video to audio: the choice of format, quality, and other characteristics of the output file. The user has the ability to convert one file to an audio format, or to convert several files at the same time.
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to extract sound from video online or using programs.
Any Video Converter
Any Video Converter is a program for converting videos to a large number of other formats. The program can extract audio from video. The application works in Russian, there is a free version.
Any Video Converter converts videos to the following audio formats:
- MP3, MP2, OGG Vorbis, AAC, AC3, AIFF, M4A, APE, SUN AU, DTS, FLAC, MPEG-4 Audio, WAV, WMA.
To convert to another format, follow these steps:
- Open Any Video Converter.
- Click on the “Add Video” button to open a video or audio file in the program. To bulk add files, in the main window of the program, click on the “Add or drag files” button.
- Select an output profile from the drop-down list. In our case, this is “Audio Files”.
- In the “Formats” section, select the desired format to convert. If the conversion occurs in bulk, you can check the box next to the item “Apply the selected profile to all videos.”
- In the Basic Settings section, open the Audio Options option to change the settings. Here you can select the bitrate, including arbitrary, frequency, number of audio channels.
- If you need to extract sound not from the entire video file, but only a specific fragment, click on the “Play this media” button (in the form of scissors). In the player window, mark the desired fragment of the clip with markers, click the OK button.
- After completing the settings, click on the “Convert!” button.
The audio track has been extracted, now you can play the audio file in the multimedia player on your computer. Depending on what you have chosen in the program settings, you will receive only a fragment or the entire audio track from the original video file.
Using the “Add URL” button, you can download a video from the Internet for further conversion to a suitable audio format.
Format Factory is a free format conversion program. Format Factory supports the Russian interface language.
In the Format Factory program, you can extract sound in supported audio formats:
- MP3, WMA, APE, FLAC, AAC, AC3, MMF, AMR, M4A, M4R, OGG, WAV, WavPack, MP2.
Follow these steps to start converting in the Format Factory:
- In the main window of the program, select the “Audio” section.
- Choose the appropriate format, such as MP
- In the window that opens, click on the “Add file” button.
- The video file will appear in the file list.
In this window, you can select a folder to save the audio file. In the Destination Folder field, select the desired directory on your computer.
The Customize button allows you to change the conversion settings. If you click on the “Crop” button, you will be able to select the desired sound fragment, which will be saved as a separate file.
- To start the conversion process, in the main window of the program, click on the “Start” button.
The audio track has been extracted, the audio file can be used for its intended purpose.
Freemake Video Converter
Freemake Video Converter is a program for converting video to other video and audio formats with a Russian interface.
The app supports converting videos to the most popular audio format “MP3”. In the conversion process, go through the following steps:
- Add a video file to the Freemake Video Converter window.
If you need to save only a single fragment from a video clip, click on the button with the image of scissors to open the editor window. Start video playback, mark the beginning and end of the fragment that you want to save, click on the “OK” button.
- In the main window of the program, select the conversion “to MP3”.
- The “Convert to MP3 Options” window will display the profile with default settings. The user can change the program options to other parameters.
- Click on the “Convert” button.
Moo0 Video to Mp3
The freeware Moo0 Video to Mp3 (sometimes called Moo0 Video Audio Extractor) is used to convert video to audio formats. The program can be downloaded from the official website here.
Despite its name, Moo0 Video to Mp3 supports a large number of audio formats:
- MP3, MP4, OGG, OGG (FLAC), AAC, AC3, WAV, WAV (ADPCM IMA), WAV (ADPCM Microsoft), WAV (ADPCM Yamaha), WAV (GSM), WMA, AIFF, AMR, AU, AU ( a-Law), AU (u-Law), FLAC, M4A, M4A (ALAC), MMF, MOV, MP2, 3GP, 3GP (AAC), 3G2, 3G2 (AAC), RA, RM, PCM (Little-Endian ), PCM (Big-Endian), PCM (a-Law), PCM (u-Law).
Converting to audio in Moo0 Video to Mp3 is done in the following way:
- In the program window, select the appropriate audio format.
- Drag the video to the central area of the program.
- The app will automatically extract the audio track from the video.
To change the conversion settings, click on the “More Options” button.
VLC media player
VLC media player (VideoLAN) is a popular free media player for playing media files of various formats. This powerful application, in addition to its other features, can convert video and audio formats, including extracting an audio track from a video file.
VLC media player extracts sound from videos without installing additional software on your PC.
- Launch the application on your computer.
- In the “Media” menu, click on the “Convert/Save” context menu item.
- In the “Source” window, in the “File” tab, click on the “Add” button to add a local file from the computer to the application.
- Click on the arrow next to the “Convert/Save” button, select “Convert” from the drop-down menu.
- In the “Profile” option that opens, select the appropriate audio format. VLC media player supports output audio formats: MP3, Vorbis (OGG), FLAC, CD.
- In the Destination File field, give the file a name and select a location to save the audio track.
- Click on the “Start” button.
After the conversion is completed, the audio from the video will be extracted and saved as an audio file.
Online Audio Converter 123apps.com
Online Audio Converter is located at: https://online-audio-converter.com/ru/ on the 123apps.com service. The user has the ability to convert video to an audio format file online on a remote server without the help of programs.
On the service as output, the following audio formats are supported:
- MP3, WAV, MP4A, FLAC, OGG, MP2, ARM.
The maximum input video file size is 2048 MB.
The conversion process takes place in three steps:
- Click the “Open Files” button to upload a video file from your computer to the server. Videos can be opened from Google Drive or Dropbox cloud storage, or by URL from the Internet.
- The next step: choosing the format, quality, applying additional settings.
- Click on the “Convert” button.
After processing is complete, click on the “Download” button to download the audio file to your computer, or save the file to Google Drive or Dropbox cloud storage.
Convert video to audio on Convertio.io
The Convertio.io service is a file converter of different formats. Follow the link: https://convertio.co/en/video-converter/ to the “Online Video Converter” page.
Convertio.io supports converting videos to a large number of audio formats, including some very exotic ones:
- MP3, WAV, WMA, OGG, M4A, AAC, MP4R, FLAC, AIFF, AMR, WVE, DTS, AC3, OPUS, CAF, AVR, TXW, VOX, CDDA, AU, 8SVX, WV, AMB, CVS, W64, VOC, PVF, SPX, IMA, CVSD, PAF, TTA, PRC, MAUD, SND, SNDR, SNDT, CVU, DVMS, VMS, FAP, FSSD, SOU, GSRT, HCOM, HTK, IRCAM, SLN, SPH, NIST, SMP, SD
In the free mode of using the service, the maximum size of the uploaded file is 100 MB.
Choose how to upload the file to the server: from a computer, from Dropbox or Google Drive cloud storage, via a link from the Internet. Alternatively, drag and drop the file or files onto the service page.
Opposite the file name, click on the arrow in the button with the format name, in the menu that opens, open the “Audio” tab, select the appropriate format.
Click on the “Convert” button.
After processing is complete, click on the “Download” button.
If the user needs to extract sound from the video, you can use the help of a program or an online service. The video file will be converted to an audio file of the appropriate format. Some applications have additional features for extracting an audio track: with their help, you can extract only the desired audio fragment from the entire video file.